By phone: (916) 478-1533
Area of Service
We serve children in San Francisco and San Mateo Counties
Policies and Fees
Cancellation and Policy
Movement Horizons has a 24-hour cancellation policy. A non-refundable cancellation fee of $50 will be charged for an appointment cancelled within 24-hours of its scheduled time. Sessions may be rescheduled for no fee by providing more than 24-hours of notice.
Therapy sessions need to be scheduled consistently. Frequent cancellations can result in termination of service in order to accommodate other clients.
Visits are scheduled and invoiced on a monthly basis. Invoices are sent out on the first of the month for services rendered during the previous month. Payment is due on the 10th of each month. For example, the invoice for services provided in May would be sent out June 1st and would be due on June 10th.
Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card (a 3% surcharge will be added for all credit card payments).
Late Payment Policy
Overdue accounts are subject to interest charges of 2% per month calculated from the total amount due. The services might be stopped at that time until complete payment is received or alternate arrangements for payment are made and agreed upon.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Are Therapy Sessions?
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
Will you accept my insurance?
At this time we do not work directly with any insurance companies. This allows us to provide personalized services and the dedicated attention that our clients deserve. We are an out-of-network provider. Upon request you can receive an itemized invoice to submit independently to your insurance company for reimbursement.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Payments are accepted in the form of a check or credit card payment (a 3% surcharge will be added to all credit card payments) .
Are group therapy sessions available?
Most therapy sessions are one-on-one. Occasionally, if it is determined that a child would benefit from a social opportunity, group therapy sessions may be organized. Such cases are handled individually.
Can I attend my child's sessions?
Absolutely. In fact, the parent or caregiver is required to be present during the therapy session.
- www.pathways.org - Help and resources for parents and healthcare professionals on child development, infant milestones, and baby health
- brazelton-institute.com - The Institute is the home of the Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale
- themobilityresource.com - accessible vehicles
- cpdailyliving.com - journal and resources for parents and caregivers of children with cerebral palsy
- www.autismspeaks.org - World's leading autism science and advocacy organization
- supportforfamilies.org - Support for families of children with disabilities in San Francisco
- http://www.inspire.com/groups/cerebral-palsy/ - National cerebral palsy support groups